Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a long term savings plan to make the future of your girl child secure. This is a tax free saving scheme under section 80C. Everyone can take advantage of this scheme and secure the future of female child.
One can open Sukanya Samriddhi Account in Post Office or Bank. RBI has declared list of 28 Banks in which parents can open Sukanya account for their daughter. Only one account can be opened for 1 girl child and a maximum of 2 accounts can be opened by any parents. Any parent or guardian can open the account for the girl.
Here is the list of all 28 banks declared by RBI where one can open Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank Limited
- Bank of Baroda(BOB)
- Bank of India(BOI)
- Bank of Maharashtra(BOM)
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India(CBI)
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank Limited
- ICICI Bank Limited
- IDBI Bank Limited
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank(IOB)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce(OBC)
- Punjab & Sind Bank(P&SB)
- Punjab National Bank(PNB)
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur(SBBJ)
- State Bank of India(SBI)
- State Bank of Hyderabad(SBH)
- State Bank of Mysore(SBM)
- State Bank of Patiala(SBP)
- State Bank of Travancore(SBT)
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
Now that you have taken decision to invest in Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) for your girl child here is the form to open SSA.
Here you can download the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening Form.
How to fill the SSA Opening Form
As now the form in in front of you, there is nothing much problem in it. Still here are clear instructions on how to fill the form.
- Write Name of post office/bank
- Name of Parent (Mother/Father) or Guardian
- Name of Girl Child
- Initial Deposit amount which can be Rs. 1000/- to Rs. 150000/-
- Tick on Form of payment (If paying by cheque or DD mention number and date of issue of cheque or DD)
- Name of Girl Child
- Name of parent (mother/father) or guardian
- Date of birth in format DD/MM/YYYY (in 2nd row write in words too) Like if date of birth is 11/04/2010 then in 2nd row write Eleven April Two Thousand Ten.
- Take the details from birth certificate
- Write the name of who will be operating the account parent (mother/father) or guardian.
- ID details of the person operating the account. (For Id proof one can provide ID card/Aadhaar Card/Passport etc.)
- Address (both present and permanent)
- Mention all the documents you are enclosing with your form.
In the last column once again fill name of girl child and then sign the form. Any parent (mother/father) or guardian can sign the form.
Once the account is opened a SSA passbook will be issued which you have to take along with you whenever you are going to make any deposits in SSA.